Saturday, April 09, 2005

late night conversation with Jed

By the way, do not read this article by Mr Brown if you currently have a full bladder.

*** ***

Ok, i am not just convinced that my dog is a first class spoilt brat, but i am also now convinced that he is part humanoid.

A little background info:

When everyone goes to sleep, he usually cuddles with either me or my sis, depending on who sleeps first.
(this is possible only when no one puts him back into his pen, which he does not particularly love)

His favourite way to go when he cuddles with his human to sleep, is:
body snuggled hard against his human and ALWAYS under the blanket.
A-L-W-A-Y-S under the BLANKET.

And so...:

On this cold and windy friday night cum saturday morning as i am doing my essay, Jed comes to the dining table where i am seated with my lappie and hanging eye bags that brush the keyboard, and does his:
"PLEASEEEEEEE PICK ME UP? PLEASSEEEE PLEASEEEEEEE GO TO SLEEP SO THAT I CAN CUDDLE WITH YOU?"

(he does this by standing on his hind legs and placing both his front paws on the arms of the chair and stretches his body while shooting those messages through his eyes. yes, eyes that speak every word i just mentioned)

You see, everyone has closed the room doors so he has no access to sleeping human being and he's not allowed on the master bedroom bed.

So i get up and look at him and ask:
"Ok, what do you want?"

Jed's eyes told me: coming to bed? coming to bed? coming to bed? please oh please?

He walks a little in the direction of my room and so i half follow half lead him there.
Eventually we both land up on my bed.

He hopped onto my bed and ok... i get the idea.

So I had to fashion my bolster into a little C-shape thing so he could cuddle against it and i made sure he was nicely settled (after doing his ritual -round and round and round- trampling thing that dogs do) before i covered him with my blanket.

And so he sleeps there content. Well, content lah. Till some dumb thing fell over and woke him up.

GEE! That DOG NEEDS ME TO TUCK HIM IN! IMAGINE THAT!

Fancy a little non human being having the capacity to ask me to sleep so he can snuggle up, or if i cannot, well, it least make him happy by making it nice and cushy for him to sleep.

Aye, i can speak with my dog one ok? He's like my hubby already loh.

He has sure learnt something in his little doggy existence with us.

*** ***

I don't know if it's Saddam Hussein or me that is feeling more concussed right now.

Are university students always THIS deprived of sleep for almost 70% of their lives?!?!??!
Or is it just me. Please. Tell me.
It's been 18 hours and counting.

*yahhoo!!!*

No comments: