Tuesday, October 05, 2004

ONE DOWN!

The humanities exam DID NOT GO WELL.

One:

You have to think at rapid fire speed from the very second you begin, and you almost have no time to choose what questions to pick.
Needless to say, there was no time to say a decent prayer from the moment you step into the hall!!!
Everything was happening blow by blow, at a crazy pace.

RAAA!

It's not that i didn't plan my time. I did ok.
I suppose the whole "exam craziness" just did me in.

LESSON LEARNT:
Get used to exams after almost two years of it's absence. Calm down, don't freak and don't think you're going to die, think straight, and finally TIME MANAGEMENT!

Two:

My liquid paper ran out shortly during the paper as well. *bitter mumble*
This IS NOT TRIVIAL OK!

We were told not to have annotations in the books that we bring in, so i spent part of the day before the exam LIQUID PAPERING my books!
(Books: Illustration book--book of paintings, Resource Book--book of poems.)

BUT DIDN'T THE EXAMINATION BOARD FIGURE OUT SOME TIME AGO THAT STUDENTS ARE HARDWORKDING AND ACTUALLY MAKE NOTES IN THEIR BOOKS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR?!?!?

As a result of that, my liquid paper ran out during the paper and i was dissed to no end at that point.

LESSON LEARNT:
Expect... the Unexpected. OR, JUST GET EXTRAS OF EVERYTHING!

Three:

After using the computer for assignments and whatnot throughout the year, i've gotten used to the fact that you can delete, edit, improve as you like, over a period of time.

As a result, my phrasing during the exam was like SO BABY-INFANTILE-MONOVOCABULARY-like, using the same old words over and over. No standard at all.
Like point form answers simply arranged in paragraphs.

LESSON LEARNT:
How? I don't know... Just swallow and learn how to be versatile.

Four:

I screwed one section of my philosophy answer and it bugged me all the way home, all through the night but surprisingly i could sleep.

Apart from that section i screwed, i can hardly bear to think back on the argument section. What a stupid argument... And the only reason why i wrote about 2 and a half pages is because my words was SPRAWLED across the lines.

And the philosophy section was easy peasy.

Five:

The only good thing i have to say is that, for once, in a LONG WHILE, i do not feel regret pertaining to lack of preparation.
Like for the 'A's, i've borne a slight guilt that i could've done more to get better grades.

But this time, i KNOW i did all i could and if it screws, i know i have nothing to blame myself for.
REALLY. It's not that i want to attribute my failure to external forces because i refuse to see the truth.

So, GO ME. I AM a good girl, I am.
(sounds like Eliza Doolittle, no?)

Six:

Sigh, what would i do without good friend Ivan?
Thank YOU SO MUCH.
How many friends would be so willing to "book the time slot" after the exams JUST to hear whining?
He was, and i am forever grateful. Thank GOD for YOU!

Seven:

Well... after all this grumbling, i am still grateful to God for bringing me through the exam, finishing whatever i had to write (or scribble rather) in the scanty given time.

I am now just going to gently push that episode aside, and remind myself that it's OVER, no point dwelling on it because it will only drag me down further.

God is in control, no matter what happens.

I leave the results to Him.

Till Then.
*PSYCHOLOGY PAPER... SCREAM*

No comments: