Saturday, October 23, 2004

archery babble

Well, of course i cannot stay away long from blogging when it's about archery, now can i?

Refletched my Arrows!:

Nothing much except that i have FINALLY refletched my 21 arrows.
20 of which i refletched BY MYSELF!
If i had left it to the guy to do it for me, i'd have to pay $2 for each arrow.

(refletch = to put on a new set of fletches to replace the old and torn ones. Fletches are "feathers" as the layman puts it.)

No way hosay am i going to do that. He was nice enough to teach me how to do it using their fletching jig.
(fletching jig = the piece of equipment for putting fletches on arrows)

I have learnt that anything in my clumsy hands becomes a dangerous weapon to anyone around me.
*cringes at my handful of totally unglam moments of klutziness*

I've switched from curly fletches to the straight rubber ones.
From yellow fletches to bright orange.

So that i can see the darn thing in the grass should it get lost if it shoots through the target board.
Wanted bright hot pink but it didn't suit the colour of my nock (nock = the thing that helps attach your arrow to the bow string) and they didn't have enough anyways.

Is this a challenge or is God trying to tell me something?

You wanna know what is SO uncanny?

1. my bow gets delayed coming to Singapore
2. It gets spoilt for a bit then fixed.
3. Team Manager chose the wrong time to "give" me my forms
4. New MC steps in and i no longer get my forms
5. The National Team move to another range, so there goes the Coach along with them
6. New MC totally stink like fresh excretion
7. We have an evil, sly, cunning, cheating, golden mouth AAS president.
8. We have an AAS secretary who SHOULD be updating the website but knows poop about computers.
9. Now, the silly fellas in Sports Council didn't bid (?) for a compound (as opposed to recurve?) event in the next upcoming SEA Games, so now my chances of getting into the team is pooped even further.
(the coach had intended to put me into the women's compound team for the SEA Games)

I tell you.
EVERY ONE of these things happened one after another in such an uncanny way.
Each time, it makes the situation WORSE AND WORSE. It's just UNBELIEVEABLE!

Is this some challenge for me to go against the odds, OR, is God trying to make me see that it's just not for me.

I am indignant because i was at first given the opportunity from the very beginning but then things began to snowball into such a huge big mess! ALL AGAINST ME.

The ONLY good thing that is going to happen now is,
THE NATIONAL TEAM IS COMING BACK TO THE RANGE TO TRAIN.
SO, HERE COMES THE COACH AGAIN.

Starting my Training Regime

I bought this book on physical training for archers.
So, yes, i am going to train by myself for the next month or so, in preparation for the upcoming Year End shoot.

I cannot make it for the SAFSA shoot because i think it's a half FITA and i cannot shoot at 60m and 70m yet.

In addition, i have to start from scratch since i'm coming back after about more than a month i think of not shooting.

Spending the hols

You know, when the long hols roll around, people around me expect me to do something "worthwhile".

Now, that's subjective.

*this portion has been omitted*

Till Then.
*DOWN WITH THE STEWPID NEW AAS MC! YOU ALL DESERVE GO TO DOWN TO WHERE YOU BELONG*
*oh and... Uhm..., cute! ;-)*

No comments: