Thursday, October 07, 2004

Medical Students' Disease and Singapore Idol erm... misfits.

(this portion has been removed by the author)

I seem to live in a world of my own and my social skills suck to the core.
And it seems i am unable to figure out some things to do with relating to people...
Ok, but i don't rock back and forth.

And i am DOING PSYCHOLOGY?!

Call this the "Medical Students' Disease" Or "Introductory Psychology Students' Disease".

DON'T LAUGH!
It REALLY EXISTS!
(albeit described by 19th century Humorist Jerome K. Jerome.)

It is characterized by, "strong tendency to relate personally to, and find in oneself, the symptoms of any disease or disorder described in a textbook".

Anyway, i mean it in a very loose sense.

Tell me i need therapy.
I deserve to be lying on the couch, not sitting thoughtfully behind it.

Oh, did anyone tell you why Psychologists sit BEHIND the patient?
It is so that they can giggle and laugh without the patient seeing them.
Or, allows them to go get a drink or go for lunch without being seen if it gets too boring.

No, no. I am kidding lah.

But honestly, and seriously.
I think that the laughing and giggling reason makes a good deal of sense.

I don't fancy giving away what i think and getting beaten up by an irate patient now, do i?

*** ***

I am still sore about Jeassea and Beverly being out of the competition.

Ok, so the rest have MANY FRIENDS to back them up eh?
Well, to those of you who voted your friend(s) because they are your friends but cannot make it in terms of REAL IDOL TALENT (just admit it ok!), this is for you:

"So you want to EMBARRASS OUR ENTIRE REPUBLIC IS IT?!?! YOU WANT YOUR CANNOT-MAKE-IT FRIEND TO GO ON THE WORLD STAGE (if ever, choy!!!) AND PAI SEH ALL OF US AS A NATION?!

Not only will they be an embarrassment, you are not giving the ones who can really sing the victory they rightfully deserve as a TALENTED singer. That's MORE than i can say for your friends!

Your friends are a POOR REPRESENTATION OF THE TALENTS WE HAVE OK, SO STOP BEING SUCH A CHILDISH PRICK AND VOTE FOR THE ONE WHO CAN SING TEN MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN YOUR FRIEND!
"

This is about TALENT, not about POPULARITY alone, but that seems to be the factor causing all these misfits to surge ahead of the rest.

Want me to name a few? Oh, i'll tell you!

DISCLAIMER: I have NOTHING against them personally. I think they're all so brave to be up there, doing their utmost best to achieve their dreams. I couldn't do that.
But this is my opinion, which has as much right to be aired as anyone else's on the face of this planet.

I think Jerry and Chris should end their Idol road now.
They JUST don't make the cut at any song they attempt to sing!

As for Taufik and Leandra, they can only sing to certain songs.
(although Taufik has been very fortunate, because so far, his choice of songs have been very suitable)

Maia, for some reason, she likes to sing songs meant for more edgy voices but she DOES NOT have the edge in her voice. Sorry mate.

Sylvester.... is an interesting chap.
David, no comment.

Daphne... Erm... Very juvenile sounding voice. I think she shouldn't continue in this season. Just... not there.

Olinda? THE SINGAPORE IDOL... in MY BOOKS.

Tolong, Tolong Singapore...

Open your eyes, your ears, your brains...

Till Then.
*Jerry made me go constipated already... Almost burst my lung as well*


No comments: