Friday, October 31, 2003

Crumma-fud

RE-EDITED (at the end)

For the next few days of bloggin, will not be discussing issues but just talking about mundane things. Exam period so... mundane thoughts are nice for a change.

To all,

RE: I got into SIM!!!

1. It offers the BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PSYCHOLOGY degree.
2. I bypassed two important criteria, WITHOUT FULFILLING them.

WEird huh.

The criteria was,
1. 21 years and above, and
2. you gotta have 2 years worth of working experience.

I had no qualification problems which was good.

After i had applied, i was praying all the way home.

Believe it? I was actually telling God all the pros if i go there. Exactly like how a desperate daughter would sound like when cajoling her daddy to buy her a handphone.

I decided to be ever so thick-skinned today.
I went down to the HQ and applied for the SIM scholarship.

What do i have to lose anyway?
That Chance.
If i hadn't tried.
Something untried, is a 100% loss.

Think i wouldn't have gotten the psych major in NUS. Hello? It's as hot as (me!!! ha, right...)soldering iron!

Yeah.
So now i can SPECIALIZE in Psychology and get my honours also. I was thinking of applying into NUS's post grad program for a Masters in Psychology once i'm done with my honours.

I promise, i could feel my double chin jingling as i walked to SIM.

-ARGH-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
-ARGH-

I can't believe i got myself into that, i quote Liangcai, "Buaya Network" aka, Friendster.

Guys and girls go around and pick their choice meat.

I thought it would be fun cos then i can look for friends i never talked much to or haven't seen for ages. But the bit about digging for all them friends don't appeal somewhat.

I'll be candid and say that i don't think all of them mean enough to me to be kept in contact with.

Of course it is nice to know that you've found that long lost mate. The knowledge that you have their contacts with you and that at any one time, you can just talk to them.

Nice, nice. But some people just somehow... don't give the drive.

The traffic is congested thus slowing down the system.
When i could be blogging...

Hi Hartono,
haha. For a while there, you freaked me out. STALKER! Hawh ahawhhah... I mean, when was the last time we ever saw or HEARD from each other?

Helooo Huimin!
Nice to hear from you babe! Haha, thanks for he congrats on the socio essay. I hope u did well too. But i definitely don't doubt that you did! Oh, yeah. Thanks also for thee well wishes for the psych paper. And likewise, i hope you would do well for both your papers. Esp Comms...

You Are Beauty
You are Beauty.

You are beautiful, whether it be on the inside, the
outside, or both. People are drawn to you as
strongly as you are drawn to the beauty in the
world around you.


What Emotion Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

Hhhmmm.....................................................
"mei" is part of my chinese name. What a nice coincidence. But man, I don't think i did it much justice.

RE-EDITED BIT:

Came back from church today.

Our Youth Pastor went on stage to tell us about the FEVER 100 thing.

It's the sending of 100 teams of Youths out into the South East Asia region for misson... The GREAT COMMISSION!!!

For some strange reason, i felt very compelled to go.
Usually these things never appeal to me.

Sigh. For reasons like, i don't really like people as much as i wish i did.

But somehow, it was pulling at the stringS of my heart that:

HEY JOLINE LIM, GOOD FOR ME TO GO FOR THIS. NEVER GONE ON A MISSION TRIP BEFORE. ABOUT TIME I WENT AND GOT SERIOUS ABOUT SEEING GOD'S WORK AND WHAT GOD CAN DO THROUGH YOUTH LIKE MYSELF.

My dad seems eager to send me.
Too bad my sister may not go... gotta take care of the pooch while Aunty Gina is away in The Philippines.

Part of me is really getting excited!!!

But part of me is feeling shy and i feel this part of me beginning to shrink away into the denial zone where my mind chooses to say NO and just shove everything new and scary away.

God willing, he will make my way clear and i can go through with this in His Strength.

Till Then.
*flings arms around my dear dear dear psychology textbook and gives it a wet smoochie slobbery kisss*

No comments: