Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Something to Share

Two Boxes

God's Boxes

I have in my hands two boxes,
Which God gave me to hold.

He said, "Put all your sorrows in the
black box,
And all your joys in the gold."

I heeded His words,
and in the two boxes,

Both my joys and sorrows I stored,

But though the gold became heavier each
day,

The black was as light as before.

With curiosity, I opened the black,
I wanted to find out why,
And I saw, in the base of the box,

A hole.

Which my sorrows had fallen out by.

I showed the hole to God, and mused,
I wonder where my sorrows could be!"

He smiled a gentle smile and said,
"My child, they're all here with me."

I asked God, why He gave me the boxes,
Why the gold and the black with the hole?

My child, the gold is for you to count
your blessings,

The black is for you to let go."

(courtesy of an email sent by an ex-classmate)

See what Care Bear you are.

OMGoodness. I beg to differ...
But one bit is true... so far.

Anyway. I'm going to entirely forget about studying for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just finished my sociology exam. My very first exam of the year and very first in my University life.

You know i entirely DIDN'T BATH YESTERDAY??? Haha, don't know why i'm saying this. Yeah so anyway, i didn't bath and wash my hair man. Wuhk...
But of course i bathed this morning before going for my exam. Bet you're thinking why this goondu didn't bath.
Well... because... uh. Was mugging for my paper. Pai seh.

Oh, i'm so happy.

For those who don't know... i began having this mild phobia of getting results. This was a because of: almost flunking my VERY FIRST assignment in uni.

To think that i put so much effort and thought into it only to have it stuffed back to me with some unsightly mark, was so discouraging.
Depression for 3 days.
Then i got my ass back on track and did my next assignment.

And so on monday, i went to collect my assignment.
Could feel my face flushing, and my body and neck was heating up under my polo t-shirt's collar.
When the guy on duty gave it to me, i walked a little distance away.

Thumbed away all the top right hand corners of my work to reveal the last page which contains the mark and grade and evaluation.

AND PRESTO, AH-MESTO, GORGEOUS-TO, WALAWLALALLWALLALLAAAAAAWALA WALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a D!!!!!!!

Haha, no lah. D means Distinction.

And let me say that i am, by no means very arty, expressive, original, articulate and whatnot.
Been doing science all me life and never did any kind of writing like this.

This is truly by God's Grace.
No words to express my gratitude except for a "Thank You LORD" that was muttered after i got my work.

Well, i sure do hope that i pass my exam. I'm not asking for much... I just don't want to repeat the module. If i have to... i'll just break down and...

mumble and mumble and mumble....

Oh yeah, and the best part about my exam?

The 2 essay questions that i studied out of the 3 given b4 the exam itself,- CAME OUT!!!-
Will you believe it?
Right on the dot.
Thank God.

Actually, after reading about how God does wonders for those who really rely on Him, and do everything not in our own strength, but in his, i was very inspired.
Was also inspired to keep the relationship with God going on... I know my faith kinda lagged in JC and all. It had quite an effect on my life. Negatively of course. Those times, i even doubted that God was listening when i pray. I felt as if i was talking to myself.

Thank You to all the people out there who have written your testimonies for me and others in need of spiritual refreshing to read!

Oh. While sitting around with my friends today, a long lost friend called me up!!! haha... Hartono are you reading this?

I honestly thought he was some stalker or some person who got my number from somewhere and decided to terrorise me. (sorry to suan u until like this...)

Haha, turned out to be Hartono, my senior from secondary school. Well? The wonders of Friendster man. I don't use Friendster cos i screwed up my registration thing. So i don't bother. Maybe next time.

ER... more stuff to blog?
I know i have a long list of stuff to discuss. Just not now. I still have to mug for my psychology paper.
Now, studying for psychology is something that i ACTUALLY ENJOY.

YES. Can sleep early tonight. A rare opportunity to do so.

Oh yeah...

I went to "Barang Barang", the nice furniture shop, at Tanglin Mall to check out the stuff and also to check out the "Aesthetics" corner.

The "Aesthetics" corner, is a new division and concept that sells woven bags, hair and other accesories and make-up.
So yeah, Betty (my good friend) and I were the models for it.

Apparently Germaine's (another good friend) sister works in the marketing department for Barang Barang so she wanted us to do it.
It was fun. We took the photos at Botanic Gardens.

I stood at the corner for some time looking at them.

Interesting. It feels so weird seeing Betty's and my face on the advertisements.

Good thing no one seemed to recognise me.
So much for the cameraman's comment on, "Next time when you go there, you must wear sunglasses already..."

Enough blogging.

Till then.
*mugging psych*

No comments: