Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Back and Thank GOD.

Really want to say a garguantan "THANK YOU" to GOD and all the precious people who left encouraging messages.
Alwyn, Yali, J., Weizhen and Huimin...
And to Ivan as well, my bro in Christ who selflessly helped me through the troubled hours.
Words fail me again in my bid to express how thankful i am for your concern.
But you have my rock bottom heartfelt gratitude. God Bless.

She is safe. All Glory to God.

This frightening experience taught me something that was cliche to me all along.

ALWAYS TREASURE THOSE YOU LOVE AND SPEND TIME WITH THEM.
DON'T EVER TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED.
BECAUSE WHEN YOU REALIZE THAT SUDDENLY, TIME LEFT WITH THEM IS SHORT, YOU'LL REGRET HOW FOOLISH YOU WERE FOR NOT BEING THERE FOR THEM MORE THAN YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

When things were still hanging in uncertainty, i found myself thinking:
How will life be without her? How can i cope? Would we need to change our lifestyle? How about my dad? Why did i treat her that way? She may have been irritating, but i love her very much. I haven't had enough time with her on Earth to let her go yet.

The reality of the possibility of the disease striking a loved one was horrifying. It is prevalent today but having it strike your own family is an exceedingly huge blow.

What i also found, is that i am so blessed to have a dad so strongly entrenched in his faith.
In his perspective:
Imagine someone you've spent your life with, someone you love, someone you know so well, someone you have a family with, having a chance of succumbing.

But instead of him asking: "Why God?" and getting all angry and confused...
He was calm and radiated trust and faith in God... Because he knows that God's purposes are always higher then ours.

I was the one worrying.

I just want to give all Thanks and Praise to God.

I am so grateful and relieved. Although still a bit shaken by the aftermath.

But thank you Lord.

*** ***

It was a sad day on sunday.

I went to the range to find a whole bunch of archers and others milling around. Nothing like the usual quiet and peaceful range.
I hope the reason why there were so many people was because of the free buffet provided by the new president.

I shook hands with the new president of the archery association. The first question he asked me was: "Which club are you from?"

Thank Goodness i was ignorant of the fact that my club and his are not on good terms.
If i had known, my body language would've been unpolitically correct.
So, ignorance was bliss then. I answered in a totally... normal way.

I wonder if the national team are pro X OR pro Y.
(let X and Y be club names that cannot be disclosed)
Apparently, the team manager has resigned.

The thing that peeved me about that is...
HE (team manager) WAS SUPPOSE TO GIVE ME MY TRAINING TEAM FORMS AND ATTENDANCE DOCUMENTS!
Now that he has left, how am i going to start training?
I don't think the post has been filled by someone else at the moment.

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting to sign the forms which'll officially start me training in the national training team but, each time, a new obstacle will plant its feet in front of me!
HA.
Patience... Or is it disappointment control lessons, i am having?

First: bow delay
Second: Bow spoilt
Third: AGM, new committee
Fourth: resignation of team manager.

I cannot bear to predict the fifth outcome...

Coach is still waiting to see if the new committee will honour his contract.

I hope they still have some thread of MORALs in them.
Their politics makes me SICK!!!!!

Although i personally don't like the new committee, i just hope that they'll do a good job.
I wish they'd eradicate this disgusting political manipulation just to get what they want.

Sheesh. Simon would've retained his post if not for their dirty trick.

Honestly...
First impression of new president: Cannot shoot an arrow to save his live. (although he probably can, but he just gives me that feeling)

All in all...

I am upset because once (or if ever)(obstacles... PLEASE STOP COMING!) begin training, i have to build again, rapport and stuff with new committee.
And i don't have a good impression of them to begin with.

Well.
Nothing i can do except concentrate on shooting better and... simply wait.

No comments: