Friday, June 10, 2005

how applicable (updated)

A song that i've always gone starry eyed to. The moment i heard it, i fell in love with the song. Think it was since... primary school or secondary school.

There would be this long stretch of road that i would walk home on after school and because everyone's either too far away to hear and there're also just only zooming cars going by, i could sing as loud as i wanted to.

This was one of hot favourites, apart from the other Disney cartoon songs. ;-)

It's "Dreaming of You" by Selena. (ok, i did take out unnecessary portions, bold and italized certain parts.)

Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up late and think of you and I wish on a star
That somewhere you are thinking of me too

'Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight
'Til tomorrow I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me

(the above part is a bit the kua zhang, but u geddit lah)

Wonder if you ever see me and I wonder if you
Know I'm there (Am I there)
If you looked in my eyes would you see what's inside
Would you even care


I just wanna hold you close but so far
All I have are dreams of you
So I wait for the day and the courage to say
How much I love you


Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you

And I still can't believe that
You came up to me and said I love you
I love you too


I'll be dreaming with you tonight
'Til tomorrow and for all of my life
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming with you endlessly


Tata, off to class i go and *ZIP!*. My cyber mouth is sealed.
*sugary sweet pursed lipped smile*

*** ***

I love walking over the overhead bridge at my place, at night.

Firstly, it's therapeutic being in the partial darkness and secondly, it's also about somehow being that much closer to the night sky with an unobstructed view of it.

Usually, i'd stand still and lift my head to the heavens, breathing in the night air, gazing at and loving every bit of what i see.
Sometimes, i'd go to the railing and just look down at the cars zooming/cruising by.

More often than not, i've thought of how it'd be like for someone who might try attempting suicide by flinging themselves off the bridge and hoping to get hit by a nice, big vehicle.

My sister thinks that if one should wish to commit a suicide, don't get others involved. Die "responsibly...". Go do it in secrecy.

*shakes head* What did i just say? *O.O*
NO! I do NOT recommend suicide.

Oh. As i was saying... Each time i cross over, i feel like going back up and walking down its length again.

A friend of mine back in secondary school used to say, "when we're free after our 'O's, let's go book a ballroom and go sit in the darkness in a corner".

Guess we never did get down to doing that but it still sounds good to me.

Sometimes i sit up in bed or on my study chair with all the lights off in the darkness with nothing else but my thoughts.

And most of my family members who walk by my room always exclaim: "WHAT'RE YOU DOING IN THE DARK?!"

To which i usually respond with:

1. "I'm thinking."
and when that doesn't work,

2. "I don't need lights to think... And save electricity also mah."

And they would usually leave slightly bewildered. "Strange daughter/kid i have."

Yay, i am an Anomaly... That's nice.

No comments: