Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Off top of head

1. I didn't know writing about arty farty stuff was so stressful. You have to be so in touch with your right brain...
THEN AGAIN.
I think i'm not actually using my right brain. I'm using my left brain. Why. Because i'm don't think my answers are coming out the way they're are "suppose" to.
Instead, i'm using logic to smoke my way through. No wonder it's so BORING.

2. Got me a pair of new glasses. They're red this time round. My blue glasses faded to a grey in JC. Hope this one doesn't follow suite. My dad says look so studious. -pteh?-

3. I realize i haven't been writing things i've thought over. Reason being, when Jo's happy, her brain can't be bothered much to think but goes on auto-pilot.

4. I've passed my Basic THeory. (driving) Now to get down to serious driving... Round the circuit.

5. I hate poetry. I hate poetry. Honest to hilly billy loo.

6. I think the song "Strange Fruit" sung by Billie Holiday is morbidly amazing. Me like.

"Southern trees bear strange fruit.
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root.
Black bodies swinging in the Southern breeze,
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.

Pastoral scene of the gallant South,
The bulging eyes and twisted mouth,
The scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh,
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh.

Here is the fruit for the crows to pluck,
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck,
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop.
Here is a strange and bitter crop."


by 'Lewis Allen' (Abel Meeropol)

7. Replies.

Huimin:
Thanks a lot! That made my day... *imagines...*
The thought of ever going for the SEA Games is a bit too fantastic to comprehend at the moment.
BUT, i sure do hope that i'll be given the opportunity...
Then you can point me out!!!
(haha, thick skinned right)
I wonder if it will really come to pass one day.
I know (not personally) this girl who's from my JC and same lecture group who has taken part and won medal(s) in the SEA Games. Her name is Christel Bouvron. Think you would've heard of her before.
Amazing how these people can balance their tough training with their studies.
Hee.

Weizhen:
It IS FUN!!!
I get this notion that actually everyone out there does have some archery skill. It boils down to eyesight, technique, concentration, instinct, and well... strength.
I'm not experienced, so i could be wrong, but i think its not often that someone would suck really bad at it.
UNLESS. The person is unable to pull the string at all and hold it there.
There's this petite girl in my group and she can do it.
I'm ending my lessons in 2 weeks so i'm not sure u can join me at the same time. Plus... I'm not sure if you need a pass to even be there.
We had to get a pass initially.

Kelly:
Hi there woman! I totally welcome your tags. Feel free to tag anytime!

8. If i can get to go for the SEA Games even if it's just for the experience of being there, it'll be a DREAM coming to past.
The experience is going to be a bit like erm... William hung's.

He shot to fame just by showing his face for a few minutes.
For me, it's happening all too quick as well.
Not in terms of fame la...
Not long ago, i was a nobody who didn't know nuts about the sport. But it's a little different now.

I'm no big shot, DUH...
If i were to take that all important step towards shooting competitively, my schedule and lifestyle will change pretty much.
Can't say that's a bad thing.
Never expected to see myself in this position.
Makes life oh so exciting.

9. I'm SO BORED. Even blogging can't seem to tease out my boredom.
It's these cursed assignments, i tell you. Been staring at the laptop screen the entire day.
I'm going blind.

No comments: