Saturday, March 20, 2004

A few things learnt.

Today, i was humbled by 18metres of grass ahead of me.

1. My shots were going all over the place.
2. My stance kept being picked upon.

I'm not sure if my stance was wrong from the start because it's never been picked upon till today.
One: maybe it went wonkers today because i was doing 24 pounds (tension of the bow) from the start.
Two: maybe it was wonkers all along but they've now begun to teach me the serious nitty gritty stuff.

I could feel that it was hard for me to obtain a full draw because somehow, my arms and shoulders were tired out.
Whatever it is, i'm going to practice my stance at home in front of the mirror.

Prior to today, i had been mentally doing my "release" and it seems to have worked cos it could feel the "follow through" today.

I've learnt that rest is good. Continuous shooting is a bit too much sometimes.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Had a talk with Simon and Clint today after shooting.

Apparently in Korea, where some of the best archers hail from, the training is remarkably tough. "Tough" is an understatement.
It's bogus but it seems to work.

1. They use canes( i'm not sure exactly WHAT but its definitely something to whack you with!) to slap the training archer to get the posture right.
2. They make archers sleep next to tombstones overnight.
3. They have archers standing at the edge of a cliff and look DOWN.

Simon was talking as though i had already decided to pick it up seriously and signed the papers.

Well, the next all important step is to talk to the elders...

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

I'm really annoyed with a friend of mine.

Without even knowing the FACTS, he makes some impression in his head and tells me point blank.

Strikes me as totally IMMATURE.

Grow up, please.
I know that everyone has their own opinions.
But i suggest you make EDUCATED and INFORMED ones, for your own sake.


I have not explicitly told any of my close girl friends about these recent happenings.
No one really knows about these, unless they have read my blog.

So here i am, with the bad luck of sharing it with him.

Ok, i have to respect he feels that way. But as i've said, please give it a bit more thought.
And be careful with the kind of things you say.

Because right now, i think i want to push you off Bukit Timah Hill.
Or maybe leave you to the monkeys.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Weizhen:
Thanks a lot girl. Yes, it is good advice to get involved with life.
One step at a time i guess.
I am trying to get involved... I wouldn't say i really am but... step by step!


GOt major assignment editing to do.

Till then.
*Sigh... Forgive Him.*

No comments: