Monday, March 22, 2004

Dilemma

Blistering heat.
I like.

Weapons.
I like.

Aching rhomboids and trapezius.
I like.

Sunburnt skin.
I like.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Am standing at a point where a #$%^load of factors are being thrown at or are staring hard at me, as if i wassa bug in a box.
Therefore, once i manage to deal with these factors, i will have to make that determining decision.

Was told that if i agree to begin seriously, i'll have to train FOUR days PER week with the team.
1: Mental training
2: Physical training (weights and running)
3 and 4: Actual shooting

So given the rigorous schedule, the way SIM has structured my lessons will give me almost optimum time management. Enough space to move around between studies and archery.
If i get into a local uni this year, all that might change because of the amount of time i need to spend in school.

So. IF and only IF i get a place, i will have to make a choice between local uni education or national team opportunity.
Unless the association has a way around it.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Both Simon and Clint tell me to go into Compound Bow as that would give me a good chance.

The reason is this:
I'm too OLD for recurve bow!
*hahAHHAHAHAhhaHA!!!!*
I don't feel offended but i feel regretful.
Apparently, age matters in archery and this spills into the requirements for recurve, if you want to do well.

My mental condition is no way right for competitive recurve. It is 60% skill, 40% technical.
Compound Bow is 60% technical, 40% skill.

Sounds demeaning? Well, reality check here. After all, i AM a little old to be an ideal beginner.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Spoken to me dad. We both agree it's only sensible to try out the compound bow first.

I mulled over it and doubts began coming in.
"Am i actually good or just marginally better?"
"Does my physiological body/genes have the potential to push me to the level of a professional?"

If the answers are unfavourable, i would rather pull out and forget it.
There's no point in wasting anyone's time, effort and hope.

I think the compound bow can't be assembled the way the recurve can.
As a result, i think they have to carry the whole thing in one piece in the case.

Why oh why, is it that in all my life, i've to carry big things?
First the Tuba, then the fat and cumbersome Alto Saxophone case and maybe this Bow case?
Bah.
I'm big myself.

Anyway, i've more or less have to wait for the results, and until then, think long and hard plus go for more lessons.
Maybe with that compound bow...

Going to try and gauge how bad i want to take this opportunity...
Suppose i didn't take up the offer and simply chose to go about as usual.

Would i keep thinking back about how "I SHOULD HAVE!!!" about a gazillion times?
Would i be constantly bothered by the "What IFs"?
Would i be suffocating with regret?


Alwyn:
Really...Thanks a lot. :-D
I just thought though that most people can do it, just that it's not very common. Oh yes. YOu'd be surprised at how good children are at it. They're so cute when you see them go and the way they chatter and get excited over it makes one smile.
One kid would shout: "FIRE!!!" before he makes his shot.
I don't like kids (honest... but it's not good eh.) but seeing them in their innocence(the good side of innocence) just makes one grin inwardly.

Quikz:
HEYA! Archery's coming along good... Need to brush up though. Not used to the serious practices yet...
YEAH!!!!! It's extremely FUn. To the MAX.
It is a mental thing though, which makes it very unnerving sometimes.
Have you tried it?

Kelly:
Hulloz! Yup, it's fun, fun. Good for recreation really. It has lots of benefits. As for arm power. Yes, that is one issue. Though you need a strong upper body too.
Where did you go for it? I think the one at Marina is gone...

Read an article in the Sunday Times with sadness.
Varsity students in dorms are having this sexual orgy going on.
Some students have NO QUALMS about making it obvious! Note the extent!
It is so sick.

Maybe we should build a big, huge dorm, put those sex crazy students in there, lock the whole place up for a few decades. Let them have it.

Then when we all feel happy, we'll open the doors and see what kind of species emerge.

Till Then.
*...*

No comments: