Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I want to be a positive person. (And the only person who will ever hear me whine extensively will be Gem. What a privilege, my boy! HAHAHA.)

But seriously. Yes. I want to be a positive and optimistic person. Not overly so. Just having a balance of both optimism and realism, but inclining more towards someone who will try to look on the brighter side of things.

That said, i find that being a real optimist is NOT about denying the negative things around me. Being a balanced person is when I can acknowledge the bad, feel it, but after that, relax and let loose a little. To make a way around the problem and always look for the silver lining around every situation. Even if there are NO good things at all to speak of, well... it's better to let things go as soon as possible.

I remember a friend saying something along the lines of, "I choose to be happy because it's the only thing that makes sense!" And i was like, "Heck, YEAH!" Why choose to be sad, right? Having all them sad, whiny, grumpy hormones cycling around the body will only make you go downhill. I'm pretty sure that scientifically, decisively maintaining depressed feelings has never been a pill of health for anyone.

So yes. I always believe that whining for a while IS good. You NEED that outlet to let it go. Then after that, move on. No one likes a whiny person, and i certainly don't want to bring anyone down by being one.

Another thing i'm having to face everyday is learning to be humble, to know when the world doesn't owe me a living. To know when i'm wrong and to know when to just let go. Perspective helps. :) But of couse, there are also times when i get genuinely riled up, usually over injustice or being misunderstood and i allow myself to be angry. Well. That's life!

4 comments:

Love Jam said...

I just have an article that u might be inerested in...will let u know again on this topic..will have to search my archives... :P

joline said...

snowfleur:

ARCHIVES? gosh, you have archives... hahah, ok. ;)

Love Jam said...

mini-archive :P I'll email you some weblinks and book lists for positivity and happiness...

joline said...

snowfleur:

Thanks! I think i just received it in my gmail inbox. :)